STEMchicks offers several programs to help cultivate girls’ interest in STEM.
Our programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
Our week-long camps, allow girls to investigate and discover STEM in a fun, hands-on environment. Girls also have the opportunity to hear from women who work in STEM-related fields. Camp STEMchicks is offered during spring, summer, Thanksgiving, and winter holiday breaks in Lake and Orange counties.
Our after-school program provides fun and engaging, hands-on learning experiences. Covering different themes throughout the school year, Club STEMchicks is designed to increase girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. Club STEMchicks includes the following components:
- Weekly informal STEM activities – SSS (Science) and Common Core (Math) aligned
- Opportunity to hear from female STEM professionals
- Positive female role models serve as Club Leaders
- Focus on college readiness and STEM-based careers
Our workshops give girls (and sometimes their parents) the opportunity to explore science, technology, engineering, and math through hands-on activities. Sample workshops include:
- Cosmetic Chemistry
- Astro Girls
- Brain Freeze
- Social Media Mavens
- Machines…They’re Just That Simple!
- and much, much more!